Abandoned and Betrayed by God
ARE YOU EXPERIENCING A "DARK NIGHT OF THE SOUL"?
- Do you feel like God has abandoned you? Is his silence deafening? His inaction hurtful?
- Are you simmering with resentment because it seems like he has betrayed you?
- Do you feel alone, alienated from other Christians? Do they simply not understand? Do they change the subject? Offer mushy platitudes? Sting you with spiritual judgments?
- Do you desperately want to reconnect with God?
Abandoned and Betrayed by God shares effective steps many have taken to rebuild their relationship with God. In this book, Dr. Stout grapples with knotty faith issues in his own and others' lives. With raw honesty, he shares his personal faith story, and offers practical steps that he and many others have taken to survive and rebuild from the fierce storms of a faith crisis.
AVAILABLE IN PRINT AND EBOOK FORMATS
TABLE OF CONTENTS
PART ONE — EXPERIENCING A CRISIS OF FAITH
1. An Honest Look at Christian Life
2. My Own Crisis of Faith
3. The Spiritual Consequences of My Crisis
4. Emotional Distress Leads to a New Perspective
5. Lessons I’ve Learned from My Faith Crisis
6. Benefits I’ve Gained from My Religious Meltdown
PART TWO — GUIDELINES FOR SURVIVING A CRISIS OF FAITH
1. Realize That Many Past Heroes Endured Faith Crises
2. Know That You’re Not Alone—Faith Crises Are Still Common
3. Allow Yourself to Grieve
4. Come to Terms with Your Losses
5. Reach Out to Others for Support
6. Pray However and Whenever You Can
7. Think Rationally and Logically, Not Just Spiritually
8. Seek New Perspective from the Bible and Other Sources
9. Expand Your Understanding of God and How He Works 103
10. Keep a Positive Attitude
11. Believe God Wants to Help You
12. Find New Hope
13. Surrender to God
14. Review and Revise Your Life Goals Frequently
15. Keep Moving Forward