How to Get Help
If you or someone you know has symptoms of depression or bipolar disorder, start seeking outside help.
- Check off your symptoms from the bipolar checklist and show them to your doctor, therapist or nurse
- See a psychiatrist or physician to get appropriate medication and regular monitoring
- Get talk therapy from a therapist
- Meet regularly with supportive people
- Educate yourself about your illness via books, magazines, tapes, seminars, support groups, conferences, and the internet.